FABRICATION & MAINTENANCE
- Before bonding, always ensure that you level the surface and free it from oil, moisture, grease, dust and other contaminants.
- Use Violam adhesive for better bonding. Stir it well before use.
- The bond will become weaker if you add water to any adhesive.
- Do not cut at 90° angle to avoid cracks. And round off corners after fixing the laminate.
- Once tackiness is achieved (it may take 20-40 minutes, depending on the prevalent atmospheric conditions on the site), the laminate should be placed on the surface, accurately aligned and pressed down firmly to ensure proper bonding.
- During alignment and pressing, no air gap or air bubbles should remain between the surface and the laminate.
- Keep the pasted portion under sufficient pressure for a period of 6 to12 hours, for proper bonding. The rate of drying may vary according to the surface and atmosphere.
- Use soft soap solution for cleaning.